Conservation Commission Agenda
January 2016 Meeting Tentative Agenda
- Thursday, Jan. 21: CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION – 10 a.m.
- Friday, Jan 22: REGULAR OPEN MEETING – 8:30 a.m.
Conservation Department Headquarters, 2901 West Truman Boulevard, Jefferson City, MO 65109
Background documents related to the open agenda items are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. The time period allotted for public comment and the number of speakers will be at the Commission’s discretion. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape, or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.
January 21, 2016 – Closed Executive Session – 10 a.m.
Call to order, roll call, and vote to close meeting.
- Consideration of recommendations relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel (610.021(3) RSMo.).
- Approval of minutes of previous executive session(s) (610.021 RSMo.).
- Consideration of supporting documentation related to recommendations to suspend or revoke hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges (621.021(1), 610.021.14, 454.440.9, 211.321 RSMo.)
- Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product (610.021(17) RSMo.).
- Consideration of negotiated contracts (610.021(12) RSMo.).
- Consideration of potential real estate transactions/negotiations (610.021(2) RSMo.).
- Consideration of legal actions, causes of action, or litigation and attorney-client privileged communications as provided for in 610.021(1) RSMo.
Adjourn closed session.
January 22, 2016 – Regular Open Meeting – 8:30 a.m.
Call to order. — Marilynn J. Bradford, Chair
Action Item: Approval of minutes of previous open meeting.
- Staff Recognition/Recent State Awards — Division Chiefs
Outreach and Education Division:
- Communications Update — Joanie Straub, Outreach and Education Division Chief
- Chronic Wasting Disease Update — Mike Hubbard, Resource Science Division Chief, and Kelly Straka, State Wildlife Veterinarian
- Feral Hogs in Missouri — Mark McLain, Wildlife Management Biologist, with introduction by Jason Sumners, Wildlife Division Chief
- Action Item: Recommendation for changes to the Wildlife Code to prohibit the taking of feral livestock on lands owned, leased, or managed under cooperative agreement by the Department of Conservation. — Tom Draper, Deputy Director and Chairman, Regulations Committee
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to advertise and sell an estimated 960,255 board feet of timber located on 827 acres of Compartment 9, Angeline Conservation Area in Shannon County. — Lisa Allen, Forestry Division Chief
Human Resources: — Tom Neubauer, Human Resources Division Chief
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval of personnel reclassification(s).
Quarterly Report of Personnel Changes.
- Conservation Employees’ Benefits Plan Update.
Design and Development Division:
- Fiscal Year 2016 Mid-Year Review of Major Construction Projects. — Jacob Careaga, Design and Development Division Chief
- Flood Update — Division Chiefs
Information Technology Unit:
- Presentation: Fiscal Year 2016 Mid-Year Review of Information Technology Projects — Douglas Fees, Information Technology Services Chief
Administrative Services Division:
- Presentation: Fiscal Year 2016 Mid-Year Review of Revenue and Expenditure Trends. (Current Monthly Financial Summary provided for information only.) — Margie Mueller, Chief Financial Officer
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to accept the donation of approximately 11.17 acres in St. Louis County as an addition to Rockwoods Range. — Lisa Allen, Forestry Division Chief
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to purchase tracts containing approximately 1,635 acres in Morgan County as an addition to Big Buffalo Creek Conservation Area. — Lisa Allen, Forestry Division Chief
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to purchase approximately 37 acres in Clinton County as an addition to McGee Family Conservation Area. — Jason Sumners, Wildlife Division Chief
Internal Audit: — Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- Action Item: Recommendations for approval to:
- Suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause.
- Suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws.
- Suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact.
- Suspend or revoke hunting privileges of one individual who inflicted injury to another person while hunting.
- Legislative Report — Aaron Jeffries, Deputy Director
- Other matters of interest.