Conservation Commission Agenda, April 25-26, 2013
MEETING OF THE MISSOURI CONSERVATION COMMISSION
Conservation Department Headquarters, 2901 West Truman Boulevard, Jefferson City, Missouri
- Thursday, April 25, 2013 – 10:00 a.m. – Executive Session (Closed)
- Thursday, April 25, 2013 – 1:00 p.m. – Budget Workshop
- Friday, April 26, 2013 – 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting
(Background documents related to each agenda item are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each and number of speakers may be limited. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.)
Thursday, April 25, 10:00 a.m.
Executive Session (Vote to go into closed session – reconvene open meeting at 1:00 p.m.)
- Call to order and approval of minutes of previous Executive Session(s). (610.021 RSMo.)
- Consideration of supporting documentation for recommendation to suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are juveniles or who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws. Action to be taken in open meeting. (Disclosure protected by law, 610.021(14), 454.440.9, 211.321, RSMo.)
- Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product. (Communications between public governmental body and its auditor, 610.021(17) RSMo.)
- Consideration of recommendation relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/pro
moting of personnel. (Hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting, 610.021(3) RSMo.)
- Consideration of legal actions and attorney-client privileged communications involving the Conservation Commission. (Legal actions, causes of action or litigation, 610.021(1) RSMo.)
- Consideration of negotiated contracts. (Documents related to a negotiated contract, 610.021(12) RSMo.)
- Update on potential real estate transactions/negotiations. (Leasing, purchase or sale of real estate, 610.021(2) RSMo.)
1:00 p.m. – Budget Workshop: Review and discussion of proposed Fiscal Year 2014 Internal Expenditure Plan (formal action to be taken in May).
Friday, April 26, 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting:
Opening comments and announcement of actions taken in executive session, if any – Director Robert Ziehmer.
Approval of minutes of previous meeting.
8:45 a.m. Discover Nature Schools Program – Education Programs Manager Kevin Lohraff.
9:00 a.m. Range and Outdoor Education Center Program – Outreach and Education Division Chief Mike Huffman and Hunter Education/Shooting Range Coordinator Tony Legg.
9:15 a.m. 2012 State Hunter Education Instructor Awards:
- Hunter Education Volunteer Instructor, Robert A. Mallery, St. Louis Region.
- Bowhunter Education Volunteer Instructor, Bradley Hampton, Southwest Region.
- Department Staff Instructor, Tisha Holden, Southwest Region.
- Conservation Agent Instructor, Tim Tallent, St. Louis Region.
9:30 a.m. Robert Brundage, Jefferson City.
Purpose: To comment on rulemaking procedures.
Report of the Regulations Committee (no action items).
9:45 a.m. Elk Restoration Update – Elk Program Coordinator Ron Dent.
March Monthly Financial Summary; Major Construction Projects Completed and Status of Major CI-IT Projects Funded in FY13 Budget.
Consideration of bids received for the construction of the:
- Duck Creek Conservation Area Headquarters Renovation Project located in Bollinger County; and
- Blind Pony Lake Conservation Area Hatchery Production Building Expansion Project located in Saline County, and authorization to enter into contracts with the low bidders.
Recommendations for authorization to advertise and sell:
- an estimated 1,023,705 board feet of timber from 663 acres of Compartment 21 on Angeline Conservation Area in Shannon County; and
- an estimated 2.3 million board feet of timber located on 532 acres of Compartment 5, Clearwater Conservation Area in Reynolds County.
10:30 a.m. Angler Recruitment – Fisheries Programs Specialist Andrew Branson.
Recommendations for approval to:
- purchase approximately 353 acres in Atchison County as an addition to Brickyard Hill Conservation Area; and
- sell the commercial office building located at 227 Metro Drive in Jefferson City, Cole County, Missouri.
11:00 a.m. Gail Melgren, Springfield.
Purpose: To comment on Flow Regimes for Missouri Stream Systems.
Quarterly Report of Personnel Changes approved by the Director.
Recommendations for approval to suspend or revoke:
- one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause;
- all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws;
- one or more hunting, fishing and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact; and
- hunting privileges of individual(s) who inflicted injury to another person while hunting.
Other matters of interest.
Announcement of the next regular meeting on May 30-31, 2013, in Van Buren.
Presentation of Proclamation to David Murphy, Executive Director of the Conservation Federation of Missouri, on the occasion of his upcoming retirement.