Conservation Commission Agenda, March 6-7, 2014
Big Cedar Lodge, Grandview Conference Center, Lakeview C, 612 Devil’s Pool Road, Ridgedale, Missouri
- Thursday, March 6, 2014 – 1:00 p.m. – Executive Session (Closed)
- Friday, March 7, 2014 – 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting
(Background documents related to the open agenda items are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each and number of speakers may be limited. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.)
Thursday, March 6, 1:00 p.m. Closed Executive Session
- Call to order, roll call, and vote to close meeting.
- E.1 - Approval of minutes of previous executive sessions (610.021 RSMo.).
- E.2 - Consideration of supporting documentation related to recommendations to suspend or revoke hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges (621.021(1), 610.021.14, 454.440.9, 211.321 RSMo.)
- E.3 - Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product (610.021(17) RSMo.).
- E.4 - Consideration of recommendations relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/pro
moting of personnel (610.021(3) RSMo.).
- E.5 - Consideration of negotiated contracts (610.021(12) RSMo.).
- E.6 - Update on potential real estate transactions/negotiations (610.021(2) RSMo.).
- E.7 - Consideration of General Counsel’s report on litigation and other legal matters (610.021(1) RSMo.).
Friday, March 7, 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting:
1. Call to order – Don Bedell, Chair.
2. Action Item: Approval of minutes of previous open meeting.
3. MDC’s Coldwater Hatchery System – The Key to Quality Fishing. Brian Canaday, Fisheries Division Chief.
Administrative Services Division:
4. Current Financial Summary – Margie Mueller, Chief Financial Officer.
Design and Development Division:
5. Major Construction Projects Completed and Status of Major Capital Improvements-Information Technology Projects Funded in Fiscal Year 2014 Budget – Jacob Careaga, Design and Development Division Chief.
6. Shepherd of the Hills Conservation Center Feasibility Study Update – Jacob Careaga, Design and Development Division Chief, John Miller, Interpretive Center Manager
7. August A. Busch Memorial Conservation Area Shooting Range and Outdoor Education Center Renovation – Mike Huffman, Outreach and Education Division Chief, Jacob Careaga, Design and Development Division Chief
8. Action Item: – Recommendation for approval to purchase approximately 480.49 acres in Montgomery County as an addition to Danville Conservation Area – Tim Ripperger, Deputy Director and Chairman, Realty Committee.
9. Action Item: – Recommendation for approval to purchase approximately 879 acres in Carter County as an addition to Peck Ranch Conservation Area – Tim Ripperger, Deputy Director and Chairman, Realty Committee.
10. Action Item: – Recommendation for approval to sell a 2.37-acre tract in Ava in Douglas County – Tim Ripperger, Deputy Director and Chairman, Realty Committee.
11. Action Item: Report of the Regulations Committee, which includes proposed amendments to the Wildlife Code to provide clarity on Missouri’s pheasant hunting opportunities; list an invasive, exotic species of fish (goby) as a prohibited species; and prohibit the use of big head and silver carp as live bait – Tom Draper, Deputy Director and Chairman, Regulations Committee.
12. Wildland Fire Suppression – Ben Webster, Field Programs Supervisor – Fire, Introduction by Lisa Allen, Forestry Division Chief.
13. Southwest Missouri Quail Ecology Project – Frank Loncarich and Kyle Hedges, Wildlife Management Biologists, Introduction by Jennifer Battson Warren, Wildlife Division Chief.
14. Legislative Report and Overview of Legislative Process – Aaron Jeffries, Assistant to Director.
15. Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause – Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor.
16. Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws – Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor.
17. Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact – Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor.
18. Closing comments and announcement of actions taken in executive session, if any – Robert Ziehmer, Director.
19. Other matters of interest.
20. Announcement of the next regular meeting on April 16-17, 2014.
Future Meeting Dates
- April 16-17, 2014 – Jefferson City
- May 29-30, 2014 – Columbia
- July 10-11, 2014 – Lee’s Summit
- August 21-22, 2014 – Cape Girardeau
- October 16-17, 2014 – West Plains
- December 11-12, 2014 – Jefferson City