Conservation Commission Agenda, October 3-4, 2013
Conservation Department Northeast Regional Office, 3500 South Baltimore, Kirksville, Missouri
- Thursday, October 3, 2013 – 1:00 p.m. – Executive Session (Closed)
- Friday, October 4, 2013 – 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting
(Background documents related to each agenda item are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each and number of speakers may be limited. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.)
Thursday, October 3, 1:00 p.m.
Executive Session (Vote to go into closed session – reconvene open meeting at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, October 4)
- Call to order and approval of minutes of previous Executive Session(s). (610.021 RSMo.)
- Consideration of supporting documentation related to recommendations to suspend or revoke hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges. Action to be taken in open meeting. (Disclosure protected by law, 621.021(1), 610.021.14, 454.440.9, 211.321, RSMo.)
- Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product. (Communications between public governmental body and its auditor, 610.021(17) RSMo.)
- Consideration of recommendation relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/pro
moting of personnel. (Hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting, 610.021(RSMo.)
- Consideration of legal actions and attorney-client privileged communications involving the Conservation Commission. (Legal actions, causes of action or litigation, 610.021(1) RSMo.)
- Consideration of negotiated contracts. (Documents related to a negotiated contract, 610.021(1 RSMo.)
- Update on potential real estate transactions/negotiations. (Leasing, purchase or sale of real estate, 610.021( RSMo.)
Friday, October 4, 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting:
Opening comments and announcement of actions taken in executive session, if any.
Approval of minutes of previous meeting.
Report of the Regulations Committee (no action items).
Staff Presentation: Wild Turkey Research Project: Harvest Management Implications – Resource Scientist Jason Isabelle.
- Eric Kurzejeski, Columbia, Missouri.
Purpose: To comment on spring turkey hunting regulations.
- Colin Sorhus, Green Castle, Missouri.
Purpose: To comment on Union Ridge Conservation Area.
- August Monthly Financial Summary
- Staff Presentation: Permit Sales Trends – Permit Services Supervisor Greg Jones.
Report of Major Construction Projects Completed and Status of Major CI-IT Projects Funded in FY14 Budget.
Staff Presentation: Northern Missouri Impoundment Management – Fisheries Northeast Regional Supervisor Brian Todd.
Recommendations for approval to:
- purchase approximately 40 acres in Shannon County as an addition to Rocky Creek Conservation Area;
- purchase approximately 199 acres in Christian County as an addition to Busiek State Forest and Wildlife Area;
- purchase approximately 422 acres in Morgan and Benton Counties as an addition to Big Buffalo Creek Conservation Area;
- sell the 3-acre Washington Towersite in Washington County;
- sell the 4.64-acre Sullivan office site in Franklin County; and 6) sell the 3-acre Crusader’s Access in Grundy County.
Recommendation for approval of personnel reclassifications and Quarterly Report of Personnel Changes.
Staff Presentation: Small Game Management – Private Land Services Northeast Regional Supervisor George Shurvington.
Recommendation for approval to designate a new Missouri Natural Area in Vernon County as Prairie View Farm Natural Area, and to designate an addition to Dark Hollow Natural Area in Sullivan County.
Recommendations for approval to:
- suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause;
- reinstate hunting privileges for one individual previously suspended for cause;
- suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws;
- suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact; and
- suspend or revoke hunting privileges of one individual who inflicted injury to another person while hunting.
Other matters of interest.
Announcement of the next regular meeting on December 12-13, 2013, in St. Louis.