Almond Turkey Bake
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 T. flour
- 1 c. toasted slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 c. celery slices
- 3 c. cooked, chopped turkey
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Pastry for 2-crust 9-inch pie
Blend cheese and flour. Take 3/4 cup of the cheese/flour mix and combine with 1/2 cup almonds and remaining ingredients except the pastry. Mix well.
Fit the pastry into a baking dish (approximately 12 x 7); trim to 1” beyond the edge and flute the edge of the crust. Fill with turkey mixture and top with the remaining cheese/flour mix and almonds.
Bake at 400F for 30-35 minutes. Garnish with lemon twists and parsley.