Venison and Vegetable Kabobs
- ½ c. red wine vinegar
- ¼ c. honey
- Dash garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. catsup
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1½ lb. boneless venison steak
- 8-12 cherry tomatoes
- 8-12 fresh morel or button mushrooms
- 1-2 small zucchini (optional)
- 1 large onion
- ½ medium green or sweet red peppers
- 8-12 small new potatoes (parboiled)
In plastic bag, combine vinegar, honey, soy sauce, catsup, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside 1/4 cup. Add meat to bag, shake to coat, close bag and refrigerate 4 hours.
One hour before grilling, toss vegetables with reserved marinade. Drain meat, saving marinade. Thread meat and vegetables alternately on skewers, brush w/ marinade and grill over medium-hot coals, turning and basting often, for 15-20 minutes. Remove from skewers and serve. Serves 4-6.