Bullfrog and Green Frog Regulations
- Daily Fishing Permit
- Daily Small Game Hunting Permit
- Fishing Permit
- Small Game Hunting and Fishing Permit
- Small Game Hunting Permit
Season & Limits
Bag Limit Notes
- Only the daily limit may be possessed on waters and banks of waters being hunted.
- The daily limit of 8 is combined total of both species.
Season starts at sunset June 30. For sunrise and sunset times in your area, see the U.S. Naval Observatory web site: aa.usno.navy.mil/
Hunting Permit Methods
- .22 or smaller caliber rimfire rifle or pistol
- pellet gun
- by hand or handnet
Fishing Permit Methods
Bullfrogs and green frogs may be taken by hand, handnet, atlatl, gig, bow, trotline, throwline, limb line, bank line, jug line, snagging, snaring, grabbing or pole and line. An artificial light may be used.
Conservation makes Missouri a great place to hunt and fish.
Content tagged with
- Do Not Harvest List
- Fish ID and Measuring
- Game Fish Regulations
- General Fishing Rules
- Live Bait Regulations
- Nongame Fish Regulations
- Nongame Aquatic Species Regulations
- Porous-Soled Wader Ban
- Reciprocal Fishing Privileges
- Special Area Fishing Regulations
- Truman Lake and Lake of the Ozarks Blue Catfish Regulations
- Why "No" to Noodling?
Check the Code
This is NOT a legal document. Regulations are subject to revision during the current year. Refer to the Wildlife Code.
Keep ATVs out of streams!
It’s illegal to drive ATVs in Missouri’s streams unless …
- You’re a landowner or lessee on land you own or lease.
- You’re a farm worker.
- You’re using your ATV on a crossing that is part of the highway system.
Violators could lose their fishing and hunting privileges!