Military Permit

Resident National Guard and Reserve Service Small Game Hunting and Fishing Permits are for Missouri residents who are currently (or have in the last 12 months) mobilized and serving on full-time active military duty in the National Guard (federal status) or reserve forces of the United States. This permit allows them to take fish, frogs, mussels, clams, turtles, crayfish, live bait, birds (except turkey), mammals (except deer), and to sell furbearers taken by hunting.

NOTE: A federal duck stamp also is required for hunting waterfowl. A Missouri Migratory Bird Hunting Permit also is required for hunting waterfowl, doves, snipe, woodcock, and rails. A Conservation Order Permit is required for hunting snow, blue, and Ross’s geese during the Conservation Order.

Two ways to apply

  • Online: See "Military Reduced-Cost Permit" below.
  • Call 573-522-4115, ext. 3579.
  • Write to the following:
    National Guard Permits
    Missouri Department of Conservation
    P.O. Box 180
    Jefferson City, MO 65102-0180

Please allow 10 days after submitting your application for your permit to arrive. This permit is not available for purchase at vendors, by telephone, or through the online e-Permits System.

Key Messages: 

Missourians care about conserving forests, fish and wildlife.

If you're in the National Guard or reserve forces, you may apply for a Missouri reduced-cost fishing and small-game hunting permit.

Read more

Content tagged with

Shortened URL