Jump to the Runge Nature Center's Conservation Atlas record for full details, including directions, permitted activities, map, brochure, and complete regulations.
The nature center will be closed on November 11, Veterans Day; November 26-Thanksgiving Day; December 25-Christmas Day. On Thursday, December 31st the nature center will close at 5pm.
This 100-acre area in Jefferson City features a visitor center with exhibits and live-animal displays, special events, trails, demonstrations, and diverse natural habitats.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday: 8 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Closed Sunday, Monday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
- 6 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily when area is open
- Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day, and all state holidays on Mondays
- See View Map in the Address Information block to the right of this page.
Fun to see, do, and learn
Facility and exhibits
- 200-seat auditorium, three classrooms, and indoor wildlife-viewing area, library, and 3,000 square feet of exciting exhibits
- All indoor facilities are disabled-accessible
- Pull-through bus and RV parking
Programs and events
- Register for naturalist-led programs for families, scouts, schools, and other community groups. Please use the Runge School Programs brochure listed below to plan and schedule your program.
- Check the Events block to the right for a list of public events and workshops.
- Hike 2.4 miles of trails (one trail is disabled-accessible)
- Shop for MDC-produced books, calendars, DVDs, and other nature-related gifts.
- No pets, horses, hunting, fishing, collecting, littering, fires and alcoholic beverages
- No bicycling, jogging, in-line skating, or motorized vehicles.