James A. Reed Memorial Wildlife Area
Some of the area multi-use trails will be closed during the managed dove hunt and managed deer hunts. Check office for details.
Kansas City Regional Office Hours
Open year-round, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed all State holidays and weekends. (816) 622-0900
James A. Reed Memorial WA Hours
Open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, except during daylight savings time (2nd Sunday in March to the 1st Sunday in November) area hours are 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Hours are subject to change during special hunts or as otherwise posted.
South on Ranson Rd (RA) from US 50 Hwy 1 mile to the entrance on the east side of the road.
- Opening day for the managed dove hunt at the Reed Area will be Tuesday, Sept. 1, beginning at 1 p.m. Dove hunting is permitted only by managed hunt for up to the first seven days of the season. If hunt opportunity exceeds demand before day seven, a self-check system will be used like in the past. As in prior years, the area will be closed to dove hunting during the Labor Day weekend and on the holiday.
- After the managed hunt portion of the dove season at the Reed Area, the area will be open for dove hunting through the regular statewide season with shooting hours beginning at 1 p.m. This will include weekends after Labor Day. Hunters are required to obtain a hunting card at the Reed Area headquarters and return it with harvest information following their hunt.
- On National Hunting and Fishing Day this September 26th, The Reed area will be hosting Discover Nature: Family Outdoors Day. Check the office for details.
- Rabbit and squirrel hunting on the James A. Reed MWA begins on December 1st. A Daily hunt card is required. Check area office for details.
- Portions of the area roads are being repaired and will be temporarily closed.
- Portions of the multi-use trail will be closed during managed hunts. Check the office for details.