Kirksville Regional Office and Interpretive Center
The Northeast Regional Office is located just south of Kirksville on Highway 63. Aside from housing our administrative offices, this Energy Star Award-winning building also includes an interpretive center.
The building is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Exhibits and programs
- 1300 gallon aquarium featuring a variety of fish species found in area ponds
- Hands-on mammal pelt exhibit
- Small theater for watching clips from Missouri Outdoors programs
- Naturalist programs for Knee High Naturalists (for ages 3-5 years) and Creature Feature (for ages 6-11). Parents need to be in attendance.
Learn about "green building"
Our Energy Star Award-winning building is a great place to learn about building techniques, materials and systems that conserve natural resources and wildlife habitat.
- Many recycled materials (carpet is 100 percent recycled plastic)
- Sky lights let in natural lighting
- Ground source heat pumps provide both heating and cooling.
- Exposed beams made of Parallel Strand Lumber (which uses 90 percent of the tree).
Walk, explore and fish
Our 26-acre campus is open nights and weekends for the following activities:
- A mulched walking trail more than one-half mile long. Several bridges allow you to walk through different habitats featured on our site.
- A stocked pond is open according to state-wide hours and a current fishing license is required for those anglers ages 16 and over. Check board for pond regulations.
Kirksville Regional Office and Interpretive Center Events
|Discover Nature - New Hunter Dove Hunt Workshop (Reserve by August 8)||Sun, 08/17|
|Cable Restraint Class||Sat, 09/06|