Montauk Fish Hatchery
Jump to the hatchery’s Conservation Atlas page for full details, including directions, permitted activities, map, brochure, and regulations.
- One of Missouri’s four trout parks, scenic Montauk State Park on the banks of the Current River attracts thousands of anglers and vacationers every year.
- The hatchery produces and stocks between 300,000 to 400,000 trout annually. On average, it stocks the park with 200,000 trout each year. The hatchery also provides trout for Maramec Spring Hatchery, five white-ribbon trout areas, and the St. Louis Urban Winter Trout Fishing areas.
- The Hatchery is open to visitors from dawn to dusk seven days week.
Directions and contact
- Find the area’s physical address, phone number, Google map, and email under Address Information to the right.
Fun to see, do, and learn
Facilities and exhibits
- Fish hatchery
- Fishing jetty/platform
- Fish-cleaning station
- Staffed office
- Campsites provided by DNR (see state park link below)
- Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday at 1:00 p.m. from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Call the Hatchery office to schedule other times.
- Kids Fishing Days and Free Fishing Days. See upcoming Events to the right.
- Below park on the Current River
- See the state park link below for info on state park trails
- Native plant display at hatchery office
- Stream-habitat-improvement demonstrations at various locations along the stream
Montauk Hatchery Events
No events scheduled at this time.