Twin Pines Conservation Education Center
Jump to the Twin Pines Conservation Atlas record for full details, including directions, permitted activities, map, brochure, and complete regulations.
Explore our visitor center and outside exhibits, including a cabin, 1900s schoolhouse, antique forestry equipment, and forest-management demonstration areas.
- Tuesday — Saturday: Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday and Monday: Closed
- See View Map in the Address Information block on the right of this page.
Fun to see, do, and learn
Facility and exhibits
- Staffed visitor center with exhibits and displays
- Shop for MDC-produced books, calendars, and DVDs.
Trails and wildlife-viewing
- Hike nearly 3 miles of trails (one disabled-accessible) through forests and woodlands.
- Check the atlas record above for the area bird list.
- Fish for largemouth bass, sunfish, and channel catfish.
- Variety of shooting distances
- Catch-and-release fishing pond by special-use permit for Kids Fishing clinics only
- No hunting allowed on the area
Twin Pines Events
|Bow Building (Reserve by August 30)||Thu, 09/04|
|Jake's Day (Reserve by September 10)||Sat, 09/13|
|Discover Nature: Trap Shooting for Women (Reserve by September 17)||Sat, 09/20|
|Discover Nature-Fishing Lesson 1 Equipment, Casting, and How to Tie a Knot (Reserve by September 26)||Sat, 09/27|
|Discover Nature: Great Outdoors Day (Reserve by September 24)||Sat, 09/27|