Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center
Jump to Cape’s Conservation Atlas record for full details, including directions, permitted activities, map, brochure, and complete regulations.
- Free and open to the public.
- Join us for special events, hike a trail, or get acquainted with Missouri’s fascinating wildlife.
- Schedule a school or youth-group visit. Bus parking available. See Cape’s Interpretive Programs Guide below.
- Open daily from sunrise to 10 p.m.
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday
- Closed on Sundays and Mondays, New Year's Day, Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Inside Cape Girardeau's North County Park, just east of Interstate 55 (Exit 99) and Kingshighway (State Highway 61).
Fun to see, do, and learn
Facility and exhibits
- 160-seat auditorium, three classrooms, hands-on exhibits for all ages, a scientific research laboratory, freshwater aquariums, and an indoor wildlife-viewing area
- Lots of programs, workshops, and special events. Check out the Events block to the right.
- Two-mile White Oak Trace nature trail. Download the trail map listed below.
- MDC Nature Shop featuring books, calendars, DVDs, toys, and other nature-related gifts
- No pets, horses, hunting, collecting, littering, fires, and alcoholic beverages on the nature center grounds or trails
- No jogging, bicycling, skateboarding, in-line skating, scooters, and motorized vehicles on the trails
- Our Kids' Fishing Pond is for people 15 and younger.
Cape Girardeau Nature Center Events
Text "nature" to 91212 to receive text reminders on your cell phone about events at the Cape Nature Center.
|Art Gallery - Kelly Hughes "Caterpillars with Character"||Tue, 09/02|
|Nature Center at Night: Endangered Species||Thu, 09/18|
|Nature Art: Clay (Reserve by September 18)||Thu, 09/18|
|Film Premier: "From Billions to None"||Thu, 09/18|
|Day on the River: A National Hunting and Fishing Day Event||Sat, 09/20|