Roaring River Hatchery and Trout Park
Jump to the hatchery’s Conservation Atlas page for full details, including directions, permitted activities, map, brochure, and regulations.
- One of Missouri’s oldest hatcheries, Roaring River Hatchery produces and stocks more than 250,000 rainbow trout each year. Most go to the 1.6 miles of trout stream that lie within the boundaries of Roaring River State Park.
- Every year, more than 100,000 people visit to fish and enjoy the park’s many attractions.
- Browse the Roaring River State Park website below for full details about fishing, camping, lodging, dining, swimming, hiking, nature study, picnicking, and playgrounds.
- Office is open 24 hours a day for general information.
- The hatchery is open to visitors from dawn until 10 p.m. year-round, including holidays.
Directions and contact
- Find the area’s physical address, phone number, Google map, and email under Address Information to the right.
Fun to see, do, and learn
- Fish hatchery
- Fishing jetty/platform
- Staffed office
- From Memorial Day through Labor Day, guided tours of the hatchery facility begin at 2 p.m. daily.
- Between Labor Day and Memorial Day, guided tours are available for groups on request. Call the hatchery office to schedule a group tour.
- Eagle Days are an annual highlight. Browse specific dates in Events to the right of this page.
- Fishing clinics. Groups of children 15 and under, people involved in rehabilitation programs, hospital and nursing home patients, or disabled people under therapy may reserve The First Hole for a fishing clinic. Call or email the hatchery office to make reservations.
- Free Fishing Days. Browse program details under Related Information below.
- Kids Fishing Days. Held the first Saturday after Mother’s Day in May and the third Saturday in August, this program allows kids to fish for free, and offers kids and their parents outdoor-education classes.
- Wonders of Wildlife (WOW). This National Outdoor Recreation and Conservation School happens in October the weekend before Columbus Day. Using hands-on learning in an outdoor setting, WOW introduces families and adults to a variety of outdoor activities. Learn more at the Wonders of Wildlife website listed under External Links below.
- See the state park link below for info on park trails.
- Birdwatching is allowed on the hatchery area and throughout the park.
- Eight wayside sign exhibits on the hatchery grounds
Roaring River Trout Hatchery Events
No events scheduled at this time.