- The August A. Busch Shooting Range will be closed on October 18, 2014 for a special event.
- The August A. Busch Memorial Conservation Area Shooting Range and Outdoor Education Center in St. Charles will be closed for renovation beginning in January 2015. See the details in the link below.
- In a continuing effort to improve its facilities, the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) will conduct a major renovation of the archery range on the August A. Busch Memorial Conservation Area in St. Charles. The new archery range will offer improved static and walk-through shooting facilities, as well as better accessibility for archers with disabilities on the static range.
In order to complete the renovation, the current archery range will close down for public use beginning Tuesday, Oct. 14, and will remain closed approximately 3 months until the work is completed. The new range is projected to open in early 2015; the exact re-opening date will be announced when it becomes available.
Jump to the range's Conservation Atlas record for full details, including directions, permitted activities, map, brochure, and regulations.
Closed on state holidays and during special events. Hours are subject to change. Call for up-to-date information. Phone number is in the Address Information box to the right.
April 1 through November 31
- Friday–Monday — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday — 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
December 1 through March 31
- Friday–Tuesday — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Training and educational programs
Throughout the year, the education center offers a variety of free training programs and courses on firearms, shotguns, archery, youth clinics, equipment and much more. Although these courses are offered at no cost, some may require book or administration fees. Call for the list of programs and courses.
- Ranges available on a first-come, first-served basis, Friday through Tuesday
- Check fees under Facilities, fees and features below
- Special-permit required
- Fee $20 per hour
- Must be scheduled at least one month in advance
Facilities, fees, and features
- $3 per booth per hour
- Free to youth groups age 18 and under for competitive or educational shooting
- Targets and stands provided
- 10-point covered individual shooting booths with target lines at 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards
- 9-point, covered individual shooting booths with target lines at 7, 15, and 25 yards
- Shooting benches and seats for shooters
Trap and skeet ranges
- $3 per person per 25 clay birds, which are provided
- Free to youth groups
- Two 16-yard trap ranges
- One skeet/27-yard trap overlay field
3-D broadhead archery range
- $3 per person per hour
- Two broadhead pits with shooting lines 10–30 yards
- Fields tips may be used
Tree stand climbing practice poles
- Free for individual users
- Must use own stand and follow manufacturer’s instructions
- Must use safety harness properly
Shotgun patterning range
- $3 per person per set ofthree targets, which are provided
- Shooting distances of 20, 25, 30, 35, and 40 yards
- Shooting bench and seat for shooters
Field archery ranges
- Free for individual users
- Target butts provided
- One static archery range with six positions at 10–40 yards, including an 8-foot elevated platform to simulate shooting from a tree stand
- Four-field walking trails with 14 shooting points on each
- Target and field tips only
- No broadheads or broadhead practice tips allowed