Jay Henges Shooting Range
Jump to the Henges Range Conservation Atlas record for full details, including directions, permitted activities, map, brochure, and regulations.
- Enjoy a shooting and training environment that is safe for novice and experienced shooters.
- The complex includes a 100-yard, baffled rifle/pistol range with 20 covered shooting booths and target placement distances at 7, 15, 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards.
- Additional facilities include three trap fields, a shotgun patterning range, a four-target static archery range, and a 3-D target archery walk-through range.
May 1 through August 31
- Wednesday: 1:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday through Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
September 1 through April 30
- Wednesday through Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Closed on Mondays, Tuesdays, special events, and all state holidays.
- These hours are subject to change. Please call for updated hours. Check the Address Information block to the right for phone number, address, and Google map.
- Choose from many programs on a variety of topics throughout the year. Check the Events block to the right of this page for details on current and upcoming programs.
- All public programs are free of charge.
- To register for a program, call the range (find the phone number in the Address Information to the right).
- Dress appropriatetly for the activity (no open-toed shoes), and come prepared for the season (clothing layers, hat, insect repellent, water bottle, etc.).
- $3 per hour per booth
- First hour paid in advance, remainder at checkout
- Twenty-point, covered outdoor firing line with target sockets at 7, 15, 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards
- Bench rest and seat provided for shooters, with seating available for spectators
- Paper bull’s-eye targets and target stands
- Hearing and eye protection required and available
- $3 per person per round consisting of 25 clay targets
- Three trap fields available for use
- 2 round limit, when a waiting line forms
- Shot sizes limited to 7.5 and smaller for lead and 6 and smaller for steel shot
Shotgun patterning range
- $3 per person per hour
- Firing distances from 20 – 50 yards
- Paper patterning targets, wooden target frame, bench rest and seat are provided
- Static and 3-D walk-thru ranges available
- Static range consists of 4 targets at 10, 20, 25, 30 yards. Cost is $3 per person per hour.
- The walk-thru course consists of 15 3-D targets on a primitive 1/3 mile wooded trail. Cost is $3 per person per hour.
$20 per hour per permit. Call for details.
Henges Shooting Range Events
|Trigger Time – Handgun (Reserve by December 14)||Sun, 12/15|
|New Firearm 101 (Reserve by December 29)||Mon, 12/30|
|Beginning Handgun, Part 1 & 2 (Reserve by January 2)||Thu, 01/02|
|Trigger Time – Handgun (Reserve by January 10)||Sat, 01/11|
|Metallic Rifle Cartridge Reloading (Reserve by January 16)||Thu, 01/16|