Jump to Powder Valley's Conservation Atlas page for full details, including permitted recreation activities/opportunities, facilities, trails, and history, as well as maps, brochures, and regulations.
Building and grounds are closed on Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas day and New Year’s Day.
Tuesday – Saturday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Gift shop closes at 4:30 p.m.)
Open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. during daylight saving time, and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. the rest of the year.
Located in southwest St. Louis County, near Interstates 270 and 44.
- Closed to pets, collecting of any kind, fishing, hunting, trapping and alcoholic beverages.
- Bicycling, jogging, in-line skating, skiing and motorized vehicles are not permitted on trails.
Fun to see, do, and learn
- Follow naturalist-led programs. Check the Conservation Connections Newsletter under Related Information below for details.
Bird watching and nature-viewing
- Borrow binoculars to view birds from the wildlife-viewing window.
- Enjoy three trails, one of which has interpretive signs and is disabled-accessible.
Exhibits and displays
- Visit the wildlife-viewing blind, beehive, wildlife feed/viewing area, 3,000-gallon aquarium, tree house, Missouri Monarch deer mount, and venomous snakes and bears in Missouri exhibits.
- Buy Department-produced publications and educational gift items, as well as permits.