Mainstem and its tributaries:
- Walleye and sauger—18” minimum length limit
In Dent, Texas and Shannon counties:
The use of porous-soled waders is prohibited.
From Montauk State Park to Cedar Grove:
Blue Ribbon Trout Area—Length limit at least 18"; Daily limit of 1.
- Only flies and artificial lures may be used, and soft plastic baits and natural and scented baits are prohibited when fishing for any species.
- Gigging, bowfishing and using an atlatl are prohibited, and fish taken by these methods may not be possessed on these waters or their banks.
Downstream from Cedar Grove Bridge crossing:
White Ribbon Trout Area - Daily limit 4
- Rainbow Trout - no length limit
- Brown Trout - minimum length of 15"
- All lures allowed
From Cedar Grove to the Arkansas line:
- Nongame fish—The daily limit may include no more than 5 hogsuckers.
Read information about the area from the Conservation Atlas.